What Shoppers Want: Safe & Healthy Products
Survey results from What Shoppers Want: Safe & Healthy Products show that people will shop differently if they know the retailer has taken steps to eliminate toxic chemicals from products they sell, and if products have an independent third-party seal of approval.
- 84% of people are much more likely to shop from retailers that have taken steps to eliminate toxics from products they sell, and 14% are more likely.
- 93% of people are more likely to buy a product if it has an independent third-party seal of approval.
- Shoppers prioritize health, safety, and free of certain toxic chemicals over other factors.
- The majority of people are willing to spend more for a product they know is safer, with 17% willing to spend 1-5% more, 42% willing to spend 6-15% more, and 35% willing to spend 16-25% more.
- Parenthood increases the likelihood that people will shop for products they consider to be safer or healthier in numerous categories and avoid certain chemicals of concern.
- Women and millennials are more likely to avoid certain chemicals of concern.
Download What Shoppers Want: Safe & Healthy Products
See the full survey data
We conducted and released this survey with our partners at Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families.