The Best Tips, Products & Tools for a Healthier Pregnancy & Planet
Are you pregnant? Trying to conceive? Or just thinking about expanding your family? No matter where you are in the process, The Healthy Pregnancy Guide is for you. From kitchen and diet, to personal care and water quality, MADE SAFE and Plastic Pollution Coalition have combined our expertise to bring you a compilation of essential information, tools, tips, and product recommendations.
This guide will inspire and empower hopeful parents to find healthier solutions for themselves, their developing babies, and the planet.
Babies today are born into a polluted world, from the farthest reaches of our planet to our homes, the food we eat, and even our own bodies. Our children will inherit our planet, making environmentally-conscious choices paramount. Moreover, multiple studies have demonstrated that actively avoiding certain toxic chemicals can reduce their levels in our bodies.
This means that by making small but impactful changes, we make meaningful steps towards health. The Health Pregnancy Guide is an indispensable guide that provides those steps and breaks down the essential information you need:
- Why a healthy pregnancy matters for baby, parents, and the planet
- Where toxic substances are found in everyday products, how to avoid them, and how they impact health and the environment
- How and why to avoid plastic during pregnancy and in everyday life
- Tips to get you started preparing for baby’s arrival
- Safer options, including MADE SAFE® certified products and products made by Plastic Pollution Coalition members.
The Healthy Pregnancy Guide is intended to be your companion on your journey toward healthier living. As with all journeys, it’s not just about the destination, but the process too. Healthy living isn’t an accomplishment to check off – it’s the way in which you go about your life each day.
The guide is structured to reflect that a healthy pregnancy (and life!) is indeed a journey. We’ll be alongside you as you explore safer solutions in each area of your home including kitchen, bathroom, outdoors, bedroom, and more. From bedding and clothing to sexual health and sunscreen… we’ve got you covered.
Thank you to our sponsors for their generous support:
Advance praise for The Healthy Baby Guide
This is a really excellent resource for expectant parents and their caregivers —thoughtful and well researched. It should be widely read and kept on hand as an invaluable reference (both during pregnancy and after).”
– Shanna Swan, PhD, Professor of Environmental Medicine and Public Health and Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science at Mount Sinai, and author of forthcoming book Count Down: How Our Modern World is Threatening Sperm Counts, Altering Male and Female Reproductive Health, and Imperiling the Future of the Human Race
Our second child was born healthy and happy just a few months ago. We are so grateful for the wealth of information provided in The Healthy Pregnancy Guide and we believe it is a tremendous resource for expecting parents.”
– Jaclyn & Ben Harper, Plastic Pollution Coalition Notable Members
Everything a woman needs to know about a healthy, happy, and non-toxic pregnancy…a must have!”
– Deanna Minich, PhD, FACN, CNS and founder of the Detox Summit
Environmental toxicity is the leading cause of chronic illness in American families. However, it has been shown that behavioral and dietary changes can not only benefit individuals, but future generations of our children’s health and well-being. By reducing and eliminating common toxic exposures such as plastics and pesticides, parents-to-be can help create a healthier terrain both internally and externally for their babies. The Healthy Pregnancy Guide is a treasure trove of information to understand the links between our exposure to everyday toxic substances, the impact on health and how they can affect our offspring. Well-researched tips and MADE SAFE’s legendary product recommendations are invaluable resources for all those who embrace better health as well as environmental sustainability. Readable and doable, this guide can be a “go-to” for all those starting families.”
– Michelle Perro, MD, Executive Director of GMO Science, and Co-Author of What’s Making Our Children Sick? How Industrial Food is Causing an Epidemic of Chronic Illness and What Parents Can Do about It
Throughout my clinical and academic career in medicine, I have been committed to supporting the healthiest pregnancies possible for my patients. A resource like The Healthy Pregnancy Guide provides comprehensive, timely information for pregnant women and their families to understand and reduce their exposures to harmful chemicals. It’s a phenomenally impressive and valuable resource.”
– Risa Kagan, MD, FACOG, CCD, NCMP and Clinical Professor Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at University of California San Francisco
The post New Healthy Pregnancy Guide, from MADE SAFE + Plastic Pollution Coalition appeared first on MADE SAFE.